Tips to Lower your AC Consumption this Summer
This summer you will be relying on your air conditioner to keep your home or office cool and comfortable. However many of you may also be wondering, are their ways to lower your energy consumption?.
So fear not, there are several money-saving tips you can follow to stay cool and save on your energy consumption.
- Invest In A Smart Thermostat.
Service And Maintaining Your Air Conditioning System.
Customers should have their air conditioning system maintained and checked by a professional on a yearly basis. This helps with the system efficiency, optimum performance and allows the system to last longer. Besides having the expert showing up to your door yearly, the best effective practice is to always keep your filter cleaned. However, this doesn’t require a specialist to do, so if the filter is dirty, wash it or replace it with a new one. This will not only step up the system performance but will also lower your air-conditioner’s energy consumption by 5 to 15 percent.
Please Note: A one-inch filter should be inspected every month, and larger filters inspected every three to six months.
You Can Help With The Reduction Of The Heat Within Your Home.
- You can do this by blocking out the sunlight from entering the rooms by closing your blinds or curtains.
- In the days, try not to do excessive laundry, which requires the use of the dryer.
- During the operation of the air conditioner, remember to keep all doors and windows closed.
- Try to replace all none energy savings light bulbs to energy-efficient LED bulbs.
- You should always practice turning off all electronic devices whenever you are not using them.
Another vital step is to insulate your home to prevent hot air from entering. Also, if you have any single-pane windows, you may need to have them upgrade to double-pane or better. In addition, it’s also important to ensure all air gaps are seal from the outside temperature.
Invest In A Smart Thermostat
You may also want to invest in a smart thermostat that automatically adjusts the temperatures based on your comfort. But, if for some reason your air conditioner settings are not to your liking, you can always override these settings.
So get in touch with us today and have one of our air conditioner contractor to come out to take a look at your AC system. It will really help with your AC consumption.