How To Prepare Your Home For Winter In BC Canada?
If you live in BC Canada, you probably don’t give much thought to prepare your home for the winter season. Unlike homes in other provinces that go through a harsh reality of a blistering winter. We here in BC are blessed to have temperatures that rarely fall below freezing. Nevertheless, we do have some inclement weather, so it is important to prepare your home for whatever comes.
Here are some steps you can take:
- Change your air filter. It’s easy to forget about your HVAC system filter during the winter. But, the air filter is an important part of your home’s ventilation system and needs to be changed every month or two, regardless of the time of year.
- Adjust your thermostat settings. If you have a programmable thermostat, it is always a good idea to switch to manual control for the weekend and make adjustments when necessary.
- Call the professional to check your HVAC system. Having a professional to perform maintenance checks, can prevent costly breakdowns and increase your system’s efficiency. In fact, regular maintenance can actually increase the lifespan of your HVAC system.
- Check all vents. Check all your air supply and return vents to ensure they are open and not blocked by anything.
- Trim Your Trees. Trees are responsible for the majority of damage to homes and personal property during winter storms. Your homeowner’s insurance may not protect you in the event of fallen limbs or trees. So take the necessary steps to have them trim or remove.
- Purchase Ice Melting Products. In areas prone to freezing, walkways and driveways can become dangerous during winter. Therefore, you should purchase ice melting products in the early fall to save you time and money.
If you need to find a professional to check your HVAC system, give us a call at 778-522-5669. Our family-owned business has been providing superior service at unbeatable prices offering heating, cooling and refrigeration services for homes and businesses. Furthermore, with our trained and licensed professionals; providing fast and reliable service and getting the job done correctly is our priority. Our service and pricing guarantee to ensure that we are offering you the best service in the industry and leave you 100% satisfied. Therefore, schedule your appointment today and experience why your neighbours have confidence that we are Vancouver’s number one HVAC company.